Monday, January 29, 2024

return to sender

calmly, the small door of my heart
opens,

i send doves and daisies through the door.


it sends back regret;

legs shaved, time wasted, the boys

left me groped and girlish


next time i approach, i'm tender

im sorry, i didn't 

understand 


as forgiveness, a memory: 

shirtless, stamping, the waters glistening

in sunshower, joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy 


as forgiveness, 

a brick wedged between the frame

calmly, all this come and go, come and go


its okay,

there's no one here but you and

me


3 comments:

  1. Ha "it sends back regret" Darn that's good. Title made me think of "Return to sender/address unknown/no such number/no such zone." E. Presley Als, Why 20 joy's? "the small door of my heart" wow nice line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also love the small door of my heart, and this whole poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shirtless, stamping! the water glistening!

    ReplyDelete